Saturday 21 September 2013

What is it? Oh It's Called Kake-eri

What is it?
Have you ever wondered about a little symmetrical tuck in kimono collar? What is the name? What is its function? I asked one of my kimono friend and she gladly explained that to me.

Question: 
Can I ask you something?
I've been wondering this whole time. It's about the kimono construction. What is that thing in the collar of the kimono? The slip portion in one-third of the eri that is sewn inside the collar? What is the function of that part/ construction?
 Answer:
Hi, it is " kake-eri (掛け衿) " . Kake-eri is something like extra collar which is detachable . In old times , people were wearing kimono all days . Then , the part around neck tends to be dirty quickly . So , people detach kake-eri and wash it . It is easier than washing whole kimono ;).


So the practice of keeping the kake-eri in the nowadays kimono was from the old times

Furicle also explained kake-eri in its website.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, everyone. Please let me know if you have any comment regarding to the articles, reviews or just suggestion regarding to this site~♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...