Sunday 4 May 2014

Demo Kimono Test With Akina

I was contacted by one of the committee of Dai 9 Nihongo no Hi to hold a kimono demo. This was my first time doing a kimono demo and I wondered what kind of kimono demo I would hold. The committee said that they want a kitsuke demo, with yukata and kimono in which we could elaborate more about the kitsuke items.

I contacted Akina and Novi as my models for the kitsuke. Akina is a Japanese friend of mine and  was a master student of UNY. I've done dressing some girls in yukata in every event I participated, but I've never done a kitsuke in full set of kimono. The kimono I chose was a komon, actually it was the komon of Round 1 ISOTK (Indonesian Sisterhood of Traveling Kimono), check about the project here (link). I believe I can do the yukata kitsuke on Novi in a flash of an eye, but as for the komon kitsuke, I thought I needed some practice and practice was all I got. I contacted Akina and went to her place to hold some kitsuke training.

She is wonderful, and the kitsuke didn't need a lot of time. I prepared a juban with white haneri, cream komon with red polkadot, white crysanthemum-peony nagoya obi, purple obiage, pink obijime, white tabi and cream zori with maroon hanao. I also prepared her a flower kanzashi. I had a little struggle with the ohashori, couldn't get enough straight line for the ohashori. Ohh...yeah...I almost forgot to write in this post that I decided to order a full set of komono items via my favourite supplier. The komono set was consisted of orange furoshiki, kimono slip, erishin (2 pieces), obiita, obimakura, datejime, kohrin belt, a pair of tabi and three pieces of koshihimo. This set of komono items are really essential for kitsuke as we will use all of those items in our dressing session. Speaking of which, you will use furoshiki as a ground cover for your others komono items. I will write more about the kitsuke demo later ^w^.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, everyone. Please let me know if you have any comment regarding to the articles, reviews or just suggestion regarding to this site~♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...