Saturday 9 February 2013

My First Kitsuke Ever

I finally decided to post this picture of my first kitsuke ever. It was a fiasco. To date, I still feel that shivering feeling running down to my spine every time I see this picture. Full of embarrassment to the point I should put this meme:

I didn't know why I had that kind of confidence to dress myself up to one of my kimono collection. I know I already loved kimono since I see it for the first time. And what made me more dreadful was that I got a professional photoshot. I did the photoshot in on of professional studio hahaha! What a bold move! Wondering how to wear it was my first drive to love kimono. During my early collage day, I had a chance to get a set of yukata, the simplest and the most informal kimono ever exist in this planet. A set of yukata consists of a yukata, two koshihimo and a pre-tied obi. To date, I dislike pre-tied obi - especially the one I will put into yukata. I prefer a non-pre-tied obi which I will regard it as an obi only - just obi :D.

The first yukata I bought was a red with computerized roses. The fabric was from a bed sheet. I can guarantee it a hundred percent since I found the mark in the seam. It's okay. I love the yukata anyway. I started learning how to wear yukata by finding some decent references from internet. Yukata dressing isn't hard (see...it's the simplest kimono after all). But...everyone once a beginner so I had difficulty adjusting the hem, the collar, the sleeves, the oshahori and almost everything hahaha! Seriously...without the tutorial from the youtube, I guess I didn;t know what I was doing. I was glad that the collar was aligned in a correct way. First and common mistake from the beginner was usually the collar alignment. The correct one is left over right ;). Okay, now, I present you my dreadful kitsuke pictures. See them below ;). I didn't get the backshot. But I don't think it's necessary since I used pre-tied obi, My collar opening in the back was not adequate enough so thank you for not getting my backshot >////<.


Time to evaluate my kitsuke! The front V-neck opening was too wide. I shouldn't show too much collar bone. I didn't wear any haneri or juban slip, so what was under my yukata was my underwear. Oh God! Why I wrote that for the first time?! Anyway...the collar was misbehave a little, but my concern at that time was doing the ohashori in a proper length. My ohashori was a mess. I think the hem was long enough since I wore my rockability fur boots. I didn't have proper footwear at that time to the point I wore my off season boots. Speaking about season, there was no such thing in Indonesia about seasonality. Indonesia only has two season: rainy and dry seasons :P. So I think seasonality sometimes can be omitted factor.

Hmm...what else? I think the sleeves were dangling weirdly and my poses were all stiff and wadky. Seriously! If I need to point out some issues of my kitsuke problem, I will immediately answer photoshot pose. I need to learn how to pose in kimono. The pose is different compared with taking a photoshot with normal or daily clothes. To boot, I'm not photogenic so I wouldn't complain too much if the result wasn't the best i could hope LOL. Apart from that all, I think I need to give a shot about my hairstyle. Up to now, a bun with hair stick is my favourite hair style everytime I wear kimono. Sigh...I really need variation.

So to summarize all of my first kitsuke, I'm glad I finally boosted myself into dressing in kimono. I already get use in receiving some weird or peculiar look from stranger or even my friend every time I try to dress myself in kimono. I still need to practice and improve my kitsuke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, everyone. Please let me know if you have any comment regarding to the articles, reviews or just suggestion regarding to this site~♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...