Monday 17 February 2014

[Event] Sannin Party 8 (February 2014)

Front look of our booth. It WAS raining actually. Note the backdrop.

1402 Review Event: Sannin Party 8

Finally getting together again with my partner-in-crime, Mbak Sabi, and we goofed around at Sannin Party AGAIN. I was really happy we could manage the booth together. We got a really good spot actually, just right in the corner so people passing by or our customers could see pur booth easily also the crowds congregating didn't congest the booth alley. There was a 'but' too. I would like to said some good things and some not very good things about this event. Let's start with the not very good things first because I didn't know if saying the good things first would make up the not very good things.

With Mbak Sabi. Her baby pink cotton kimono is really cute!!!

February, rainy season and Sannin Party at Solo. This year the held the event at Universitas Slamet Riyadi, Solo (Unisri). I thought I already gave them some critics (the committees or event organizer) to take care of the outdoor booth more carefully including the electricity installation and some plastic covering in case it would be raining. Guess what they didn't do that this year also.

I wanted to rattle about how the crappy the committee management was. We rented a booth with electricity, but the installation was horrible. The just rolled the cables everywhere on the ground. If the visitors were hovering all during the event, we would be happpy, but NO they walked and trampled the cables. Sometimes we got a black out. Really, the committee was GENIUS! And the countermeasure for the upcoming rain?!? HAAH!  What a bunch of mediocre preparation. So it was FINALLY drizzling and I - for the zillionth times - asked for some plastic covering for my booth and they couldn't provide it. They covered my booth with some raincoat. It was just like refugee camp for God sake. It was ugly. But what could I expect for the event was that I expected too much. Next time we participated in such an event, we definitely have to bring our own plastic covering!

As for the visitors, there were a lot of visitors coming by and we gladly happily dressed them, even when the pouring was continously down. Oh, I met with Mbak Tiwie again after so many times we weren't able to get a decent meeting ether than saying hello. Oh well, I barely established a good conversation since some visitors need some helps.
I met Mbak Tiwie at the venue. Rad as always.
The weather was actually great. It was sunny and dry until around half of the day and started cloudy, poring, drizzling and raining hard unto the end of the event. I just had a little time roaming around the event. Mbak Sabi said that it will be much better if the food booths and non-food booths were separated so that the oil sprinkles, the stove's heat, and the fume from the cooking process wouldn't taint some non-food booths (merchandise, t-shirts, accessories, and like Himeji - yukata kimono rental).

We also sell kinchaku, kanzashi, yukata, geta and obi
Now, about the good things, well I guess our booth was popular as always and I had a good time servicing them wearing yukata and gladly answered their question regarding anithing related to yukata, kimono and Himeji.
Mbak Sabi chilling after non-stop customer service hour. 

Note the kanzashi in myy head? I lost it during or after the evvent T^T. It was gift from Mbak Sabi and yet I LOST IT. I'm so sorry. I love it very much but I couldn't keep it save. I still felt regret everytime I remember it.

We always forget to take decent amount of pictures during any event. Is that a plus or minus?

If you, Dear Readers, have anything to share about Sannin Party, please drop by some comment below~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, everyone. Please let me know if you have any comment regarding to the articles, reviews or just suggestion regarding to this site~♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...