Saturday 13 April 2013

March 2013 Kitsuke

I dearly wanted to wear kimono and looked for some opportunity. When the chance of matsuri didn't happen in March, I created other event to cater my craving of wearing kimono :P. Then, I asked some members in my group to tag along. Since it was rather sudden gathering, the participants were small. I was afraid that only few would come since it was too sudden and was raining almost the whole day. But nonetheless I was contented ^w^. We went to Kawaii Suki & Sushi, one family restaurant serving Japanese cuisine with spacious room and nice atmosphere.

I wore black with red and white polkadot komon and paired with gray home-made faux-denim obi. It was custom made obi and was decorated with simple hand emboidery. One of my kimono friend made this from me. Her name is Sabi-oneesan ^w^. The boring gray colour obi was brighter when some colour was put there hihihi.... As for the kimono, I really love the komon! It draped neatly and nicely to my body. Yay!
The kimono drapes nicely. Gotta love it!
Actually, I just realized that the hem was short. I couldn't estimate the hemline since I don't have body length mirror.

I'm not really sure about the coordination, but I was willing to try out the new obi ^w^.

This is how the taiko looks like from behind hehehe. The hem was crazy I know ^^;;.

Gotta learn how to tie neater otaiko.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, everyone. Please let me know if you have any comment regarding to the articles, reviews or just suggestion regarding to this site~♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...